We use Aspens to provide our school meals service. Cooked meals, including a vegetarian option, are prepared daily in our kitchen and children are offered a choice of main courses and puddings. Fruit is always available. School lunches, both cooked and packed lunches, are eaten in the school hall.
Aspens menus include the best quality and freshest ingredients, sourced directly from growers and producers, ensuring they can maintain a robust supply chain and have complete traceability from the field to the plate.
- The cost of a school dinner is £2.65
- Please pay for School Meals on Parent Pay.
Packed lunches should be in a secure named container. No sweets are allowed – instead, we encourage lots of fruit or vegetables. Water is available for all children. However, your child can bring their own drink in a non-breakable container – no fizzy drinks please.
If you are stuck for ideas on what to put in your child's packed lunch, download our guide to Healthy Packed Lunches.
School meals are provided to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 free of charge. For older children Free School Meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Guarantee element of State pension Credit
- Support under part VI of Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA)
It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the Pupil Premium) which we can use to help your child.